This year I decided to make Hamantashen for Purim this year, even though this was all I did to celebrate! Julie, my resourceful and giving older sister, sent me an easy recipe just in time for the holiday! It had only 4 ingredients, so I was ready to bake disaster-free! If you feel like replicating these delicious treats for Purim, or just for fun, see the recipe below! *Photos by Rebecca Otis-click on pictures to link to Flickr.
Ingredients (for 6-8 hamantaschen - but we made way more!)
1. 1 package (3 oz) Philly Cream Cheese, softened
2. 1 cube (1/4 lb) unsalted butter, softened
3. 1 cup flour, sifted (*NOTE: I needed to use lots of flour to make the dough less sticky, and added extra before rolling out on the parchment paper after refrigerating)
4. 1/3 cup sugar
5. Filling of your choice (apricot's the best, really)
6. Parchment paper
1. Cream the above ingredients
2. Chill in the fridge for at least an hour, overnight is fine too!
3. Roll 1/4 in thick on lightly floured waxed paper
4. Use a 3 or 4 in circle cookie cutter
5. 1 teaspoon of filling on each circle
6. Pinch into triangles!
7. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper
8. Bake in preheated over 350 - top rack 15-20 minutes
9. Bite into and enjoy!
Check out the new bakerella.com
7 years ago