New home for The Rebeccammendations

The Rebeccammendations has moved to.......................................

http://www.rebeccammendations.com/

See ya there!

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Music Pattern with a Purpose

I've always been one to notice patterns in my every day life. I tend to lose things in "3's," and as some say, history repeats itself. Well, in the past 48 hours, I've heard 2 different musical artists, one up-and-coming (Kris Allen of American Idol), and one who's just about made it big (London's Adele), sing the same country song I've always loved with two very different spins on it. "To Make You Feel My Love," was originally by Bob Dylan, and the version I was most familiar with is by Garth Brooks, and was featured on the Sandra Bullock movie Hope Floats (1998). Now, here we are, with new artists bringing it back to life 11 years later. After enjoying a glass of wine with some co-workers in the gorgeous weather today, I was told I'd fall in love with Adele's music. When I got home, I looked her up and did just that. I found her version of this ballad, with her distinct, deep, artsy, but genuine voice (for you American Idol followers, very similar to Megan Joy Corkrey's sound)and was an instant fan. This was just 24 hours after I heard Kris Allen of American Idol sing his pop-y ballad version on Country Night for a spot on the top 10. Maybe a coincidence, or just a pattern with a purpose of bringing back a heartfealt tune to make it relevant to today's pop scene.
Chill music recommendation: "To Make You Feel My Love" by Adele. Also, try her song "Hometown Glory" for relaxing music when you're in one of those pensive moods.

No comments:

Post a Comment